Software Developer - Web
Participate in weekly Scrum meetings and other agile ceremonies.
Maintain the Eden Grow System software environment, either through coding or system maintenance, using linux admin knowledge for the latter.
Implement features that are agreed upon with Java as main language, and other Java related technology (strictly specified), through the use of technical documents and diagrams, in order to turn company-driven ideas into software.
Must agree to dates and times of delivery and be responsible for such.
Must have database design experience, and should know what DBMS principles to use, given a situation.
Will need to write SQL and will need to improve such for the sake of system ops.
Will be required to maintain PHP and Python code, therefore a 2nd language here is a benefit.
Update his/her Jira boards frequently to match current work progress.
Communicate well and professionally in the English Language, throughout the process of weekly meetings, and be able to give good feedback on work performed and any other matter during the work process. Therefore English as a first or second language is a must, at a professional level.
Must be able to work on their own, and also at the same time, be comfortable communicating with the Eden team, which is comprised of a diversified and professional group of people.
Have a form of admiration for the company, its goals, and be prepared to be a contributor outside of their sphere of influence.
Troubleshooting user experiences and issues
Be able to work in an environment where your hard work could be sacrificed, for the sake of pivoting to a new and more acceptable feature.
Fully remote team
Unpredictable workloads (weeks of hardly anything then days of unlimited work)
Professional English Reading, Writing, Verbal communication
Linux, Ubuntu Admin
Confluence and Jira Exposure.
Java 8 and above as main language (4-5+ years)
- Must at least be exposed to design patterns such as Factory, Prototype, Singleton, Adapter and
- Must understand type erasure
- Must understand multi-thread programming
- Must have been exposed to Enterprise Environment work, and OO principles.
- Must understand JPA and Hibernate
- Must understand MVC
- Must understand ORM principles
- Must understand CRUD principles
- Must understand REST principles
- Must have experience with complex data structures and object models
Experience with Spring and/or SpringBoot (3-5 years)
- Must be exposed to Spring IOC in a professional environment or experience of at least 3 years
- Must understand the workings of SpringBoot and its property system, and well as it container
environment, and able to structure such to create modules, and microservices.
- Must understand Microservices or at least be exposed to them.
Experience with PHP and Python (at least 2+ years)
- Be able to understand OO using PHP, and Python
- Be able to fix bugs in PHP by reading code, and any necessary resources, timeously.
- Be able to fix bugs in Python by reading code, and any necessary resources, timeously.
Healthcare, dental, vision
Vacation, Sick, and paid leaves